Date: Sunday 13th March 2016
Time: 2pm – 5pm
Location: The Loft Studio, Colchester
Price: £50 per person
Max. participants: 8
Audience: Amateur and pro photographers
Make your library portable
Optimize performance using SSD drives
Deal with large image libraries
Integrate add-ons to extend Lightroom
Deal with colour profiles
Optimize your output images for size and quality
Lightroom Advanced Workshop
This workshop deals with the complexities of using Lightroom as a professional photographer.
Using Lightroom on location, especially on different computers, can be very problematic. We’ll explore an advanced technique that will allow you to work anywhere and on any computer with ease. We’ll also deal with the problem of growing image libraries containing terabytes of data, together with strategies to back them up.
Colour management is a tedious necessity for modern photographers; we’ll work through an easy method to configure Lightroom for an optimal colour setting whilst keeping your final output images universally compatible, so that they look good everywhere.
Lastly we’ll install some useful third party software to extend Lightrooms abilities, optimising your workflow like a pro.
I have worked as a commercial photographer, image retoucher and trainer for more than 10 years, specialising in beauty, fashion, portraiture and product photography.
Since its introduction in 2006 Lightroom has completely transformed my workflow, allowing me to take control of the thousands of images that I shoot for work and pleasure each year.
Using Lightroom I am able to efficiently sort, edit and output high-quality images to my clients in a fraction of the time traditionally required, and I look forward to sharing my core techniques with you during this workshop.
To participate in this workshop you should be comfortable with the concepts introduced in the Lightroom Foundations Workshop and the Lightroom Intermediate Workshop. You will need a laptop pre-installed with Lightroom version 5 or newer.
If you don’t already have Lightroom you can get a free 30 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud by clicking here.
We’ll be creating a brand new Catalog for this workshop and a full set of sample images are provided along with custom plugins and image presets.
- 13.45 – Tea and coffee / warm up your laptops
- 14.00 – Creating a portable Catalog file
- 14.15 – Using a SSD drive to supercharge performance
- 14.30 – Your image library will be massive – how to deal with it
- 14.45 – Backing up with sync tools
- 15.15 – Backing up to the cloud
- 15.30 – Colour management in Lightroom
- 15.45 – Tea and coffee break
- 16.00 – Outputting colour safe images for use everywhere
- 16.15 – Saving a final image and producing size variants for different uses
- 16.30 – Using third party tools to optimise your images for quality and speed
- 16.45 – Tea and coffee / Questions and Answers
- 17.00 – Workshop concludes