Time: 10am – 1pm
Location: The Loft Studio, Colchester
Price: £50 per person
Max. participants: 8
Audience: Amateur and pro photographers
Import Catalogs and relink images
Make corrections to image groups quickly
Use Virtual Copies to create image variants
Master the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter
Use Image Presets to define your style
Create and upload web galleries
Lightroom Intermediate workshop
In this workshop we will go deep into Lightroom’s strengths as an image management and enhancement tool.
Exploring unique features including Virtual Copies, Smart Collections, The Adjustment Brush and Image Presets I’ll show you how to exploit the power of Lightroom to improve the quality of your images with the minimum of effort.
Using the Web and Print modules we’ll create contact sheets and multi-format online galleries that display perfectly on mobile, tablet and computer screens.
I have worked as a commercial photographer, image retoucher and trainer for more than 10 years, specialising in beauty, fashion, portraiture and product photography.
Since its introduction in 2006 Lightroom has completely transformed my workflow, allowing me to take control of the thousands of images that I shoot for work and pleasure each year.
Using Lightroom I am able to efficiently sort, edit and output high-quality images to my clients in a fraction of the time traditionally required, and I look forward to sharing my core techniques with you during this workshop.
To participate in this workshop you should be comfortable with the concepts introduced in the Lightroom Foundations workshop. You will need a laptop pre-installed with Lightroom version 5 or newer.
If you don’t already have Lightroom you can get a free 30 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud by clicking here.
We’ll be creating a brand new catalog for this workshop and a full set of sample images are provided.
- 09.45am – Tea and coffee / warm up your laptops
- 10.00am – Importing an existing Catalog / linking missing images
- 10.30am – Quickly editing key images and syncing adjustments
- 10.45am – Creating Smart Collections
- 11.00am – Creating Virtual Copies for alternate image versions
- 11.15am – Editing multiple versions to show colour toning and crops
- 11.30am – Using the Adjustment Brush / Graduated filter / Radial filter
- 11.45am – Tea and coffee break
- 12.00pm – Creating contact sheets from Collections
- 12.15pm – Creating online galleries using 3rd party plugins
- 12.45pm – Uploading galleries and checking compatibility
- 13.00pm – Tea and coffee / Questions and Answers
- 13.15pm – Workshop ends