The Paris Workshop 2018
Workshop A : May 15-16
Workshop B : May 17-18
Language : English
Accommodation : Not Included
Meals : Not included
Participants per workshop: 5
Price: £425 per person (€475 / $568)
- Shoot on location in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Obtain original images worthy of your professional portfolio
- Adapt to changing environments using techniques that keep you shooting
- Gain valuable experience working with professional models on location
- Learn to find and use unique locations that set your work apart
- Be part of a creative team: understand hair, makeup, styling and post-processing
- Share an amazing experience, make new personal and professional contacts
- Have fun!
Master the techniques of shooting fashion and beauty in Paris. Working with two outstanding models and commercial photographer Dan Tidswell, we will take you through the process of finding great locations and evaluating the different challenges required to produce outstanding images for your portfolio.
This is a slow paced workshop which emphasises the practical skills necessary to produce beautiful images on location. We will be travelling light and harnessing the myriad shooting locations that Paris has to offer, some well known and others hidden in the back streets.
Using a combination of natural light, reflectors and strobes this workshop includes daytime, evening and morning shoots that will challenge you to adapt to complex conditions to achieve professional results that will set your photography apart.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at amateur and established photographers looking to expand their skillset whilst producing beautiful images on location. Shooting in a busy city can be a challenging experience, this workshop aims to give you the confidence to overcome obstacles and ensure the success of your own location shoots in the future.
Previous Paris Workshops
Meet The Team
Day One (8 hours shoot time)
- 06:30am – 09.30am – Meet at Eiffel Tower for Sunrise shoot
- 09.30am – 11.00am – Breakfast and review
- 15.00pm – 18.00pm – Meet at Notre Dame for afternoon shoot
- 18.00pm – 20.00pm – Break for dinner
- 20:00pm – 22.00pm – Meet at The Louvre for Sunset and evening shoot
Day Two (6 hours shoot time)
- 10:00am – 14.00pm – Meet at Montmartre
- 14.00pm – 15.30pm – Break for Lunch
- 15.30pm – 17.30pm – Afternoon shoot
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to arrange your own travel to Paris. Please note that we are starting the workshop at 06.30 sharp so please ensure you’re at the rendezvous point at the Eiffel Tower.
You will need to arrange your own accommodation for this workshop. I would recommend staying in the Latin Quarter of Paris, it’s the best location for seeing the sights and enjoying your evenings on foot.
In order to secure your place on the workshop a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance is due one week before for the workshop. To book please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7880903889 between 9am-5pm GMT.
You will need a digital SLR or Mirrorless camera to participate in this workshop. Lens choice is a personal preference, I like to shoot with a 24-70mm and a 70-200mm lens on location as I find the zoom range covers all scenarios. All lighting equipment is provided on this workshop.
Dealing with random weather is all part of shooting on location, a little rain and or wind isn’t going to stop us creating amazing images. Paris has lots of covered nooks and crannies that we can exploit but check the weather and come prepared.
We want the images on this workshop to be extra special, to that end we prepare well in advance in choosing an array of contrasting outfits, dresses and accessories to ensure the images are unique