The Venice Workshop 2018
Workshop A : 15-16 May
Workshop B : 17-18 May
Language : English
Accommodation : 2 nights
Meals : Yes
Participants per workshop: 5
Price: £850 per person
- Shoot on location in one the most beautiful cities in the world
- Obtain original images worthy of your professional portfolio
- Adapt to changing environments using techniques that keep you shooting
- Gain valuable experience working with professional models on location
- Learn to find and use unique locations that set your work apart
- Be part of a creative team including hair, makeup, styling and post-processing
- Share an amazing experience, make new personal and professional contacts
- Have fun!
Master the techniques of shooting fashion and beauty in Venice. Working with two outstanding models, a professional hair and makeup artist and commercial photographer Dan Tidswell we will take you through the process of finding great locations and evaluating the different challenges required to produce outstanding images for your portfolio.
This is a slow paced workshop which emphasises the practical skills necessary to produce beautiful images on location. We will be travelling light and harnessing the contrasting city and beach environments of Venice and Lido, two of the most beautiful places in the world.
Using a combination of natural light, reflectors and strobes this workshop includes daytime, evening and dawn shoots that will challenge you to adapt to complex conditions to achieve professional results that will set your photography apart.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at amateur and established photographers looking to expand their skillset whilst producing beautiful images on location. Shooting in a busy city and on a beach can be a challenging experience, this workshop aims to give you the confidence to overcome obstacles and ensure the success of your own location shoots in the future.
Meet The Team
Rosa is very accomplished model and actress with a career trajectory that’s hard to track.
- 15.30 – Check-in to luxury apartment near Rialto Bridge
- 16.00 – Consider the environment and find a classic bridge view in the back streets of Venice
- 16.30 – Shoot 1: The Bridge: Using shade and available light in a busy environment
- 17.30 – Coffee break, evaluate results
- 18:00 – Discover an architectural location, consider the changing light and atmosphere
- 18.30 – Shoot 2: The Doorway: Enhancing ambient light with reflectors and natural lighting modifiers
- 19.30 – Catch a water bus to the island of Lido for a sunset beach shoot
- 20:15 – Wardrobe change for models: Swimsuit, Sunglasses and accessories
- 20:30 – Resturant for dinner then back to the apartment
- 21:30 – Apartment shoot with models
- 22:30 – Go to bed! We’re getting up at 5am!
- 05:00 – Head to a (hopefully) deserted St Marks Square for a Sunrise shoot
- 05:30 – Shoot 1: The Dock at Dawn
- 06:30 – Shoot 2: The Bridge of Sighs
- 07:30 – Back to the apartment for breakfast
- 09:00 – Image review and break until 13:00
- 13:00 – Wardrobe change: Italian Chic
- 13:30 – Shoot 3: Gondola ride (2 Gondolas / 3 photographers per gondola)
- 15:00 – Break into two groups, each group to find a unique location
- 15:20 – Shoot 4: Use skills developed to assist each other in uniquely shooting a model
- 17:00 – Back to the apartment for dinner
- 18:30 – One-on-one model time for each photographer (time to be allocated on day)
- 21.30 – It’s a wrap! Drinks at the bar!
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to arrange your own travel to Venice. If you are flying from the UK you are welcome to fly with the team from Gatwick Airport, Easyjet flight number TBC. Please note that we are starting the workshop at 4pm sharp so please ensure you’re at the apartment to check-in at 3.30pm.
Accommodation is included with this workshop, you will have a private bedroom in the residence we have hired. In addition there is a shared living area, kitchen and amenities.
In order to secure your place on the workshop a 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance is due two months before for the workshop. To find out more about this workshop and to book please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7880903889 between 9am-5pm GMT.
You will need a digital SLR or Mirrorless camera to participate in this workshop. Lens choice is a personal preference, I like to shoot with a 24-70mm and a 70-200mm lens on location as I find the zoom range covers all scenarios. All lighting equipment is provided on this workshop.
Dealing with random weather is all part of shooting on location, a little rain and or wind isn’t going to stop us creating amazing images. However, if the elements are unseasonably rough and we really cannot shoot outside we’ll switch the workshop to an indoor event, we have a backup itinerary for emergencies and we’re prepared to use it!
We want the images on this workshop to be extra special, to that end we’ve enlisted a clothing designer to create some amazing pieces just for this event. Our vision is to have sheer flowing dresses that contrast perfectly against a Venetian backdrop. These outfits are one off items that will never be shot in Venice again.